Contributor Program Terms and Conditions
By signing up to Contributor Program, you agree to be bound by the following: (1) the LEGALBEVY Terms and Conditions (the "Universal Terms"); and; (2) the additional terms and conditions set forth below (the "Additional Terms"). You should read each of these two documents, as together they form a binding agreement between you and LEGALBEVY regarding your participation as a Contributor in the LEGALBEVY Contributor Program (the “Program”) and your use of LEGALBEVY’s products and services. Collectively, the Universal Terms and the Additional Terms are referred to as the "Terms."
Who is qualified to be a Contributor?
In order to participate in the Program as a Contributor, you must:
- have a valid LegalBevy account;
- be at least 18 years of age; and
- have signed up to participate in the Program [here]
- Met all criteria set forth by LegalBevy, including but not limited to the following:
- User classification system and badge system found [here – link to User Classification Page]
Contributions and levels
As a Contributor, you will be placed into a contributor category partially based on how much content you contribute on LEGALBEVY, including how many validated contributions you've shared on LEGALBEVY since creating your LEGALBEVY account. For additional information on the LEGALBEVY classification system, click here [link to User Classification Page]. Level requirements and descriptions are subject to change, at LEGALBEVY’s sole discretion.
Contributions are considered “validated” when they adhere to the guidelines described in the User Classification Page located here [link to User Classification Page] or as otherwise provided by LEGALBEVY. From time to time, LEGALBEVY may elect, at its sole discretion, to promote your membership in the Program, for example, by including Contributor badge(s) or icon(s) on your profile or contributions and featuring you and your content in other channels related to LEGALBEVY and its affiliates/partners. Perks and early access to features are offered at the discretion of LEGALBEVY and its affiliates/partners. Individuals who do not meet any eligibility requirements specified by LEGALBEVY or its partners (for example, age requirements) will not have access to or be given certain perks.
Perks, and early access rules are subject to change at anytime and without advance notice.
Appropriate conduct and participation
You must comply with the Universal Terms. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when participating in the Program and/or using LEGALBEVY’s products or services, you will not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- solicit, collect or require the personal information of others;
- upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unlawful, inappropriate, defamatory, or obscene content or message;
- trespass, or in any manner attempt to gain or gain access to any property or location where you do not have a right or permission to be;
- upload, post, or otherwise make available commercial messages or advertisements, pyramid schemes, or other disruptive notices;
- impersonate another person or entity;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature; or
- submit fake, falsified, misleading, or inappropriate reviews, edits or removals.
LEGALBEVY may remove a Contributor from the Program at any time, in its sole discretion.
Contributions to LEGALBEVY must originate from a single LEGALBEVY account to count towards benefits and cannot be transferred between owned accounts.
You must not at any time represent yourself in any way as a LEGALBEVY employee or a representative of LEGALBEVY or its products or services.
You hereby understand, acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Program and/or use of LEGALBEVY’S products and services in no way creates an employment relationship between you and LEGALBEVY.
The Contributors logo is a LEGALBEVY brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Contributors logo or any other LEGALBEVY imagery in any of your online or offline materials without expressed written permission.
If you do organize or arrange to independently communicate and/or meet with other participants in the Program or users of the LEGALBEVY website, you agree and acknowledge that LEGALBEVY is not responsible for organizing, financing, supporting or otherwise facilitating your communications and/or meeting. LEGALBEVY may, at its discretion, allow you to post details of such a meeting on LEGALBEVY products or services, but such events must be clearly marked as not sponsored by LEGALBEVY. LEGALBEVY is not, in any way, liable for any loss or damage suffered at any meetings.
Contributor Program Content Policy
We depend heavily upon Contributors to let us know about content that may violate our policies. After we are notified of a potential policy violation, we may review the content and take action, including restricting access to the content, removing the content, and limiting or terminating a Contributors’ access to the Contributors program, and/or LEGALBEVY products or services. Note that we may make exceptions to these policies, in our sole discretion, based on for example, educational or other reasons which we deem substantially beneficial to the public.
We occasionally modify these policies, so please check back here for any updates. Beyond the policies listed below, note that several products and features may have additional policies and terms — please check the links provided for those additional requirements.
- LEGALBEVY Terms of Service [Link here]
- Confidential information: Contributors may gain access to confidential information about the Contributors program or LEGALBEVY products and services before they are publicly available. Such information must not be disclosed without permission from LEGALBEVY.
- Illegal Activities: Do not use our Services to engage in illegal activities or to promote activities that are dangerous and illegal, such as terrorism, the sale of illegal drugs, or human trafficking. We may also remove content that violates applicable local laws. To report content that you believe should be removed based on local laws, click here [link to firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Malicious and Deceptive Practices: Do not transmit viruses, malware, or any other malicious or destructive code. Do not distribute content that harms or interferes with the operation of the networks, servers, or other infrastructure of LEGALBEVY or others. Do not use the Program and/or our products and services for phishing scams.
- Hate Speech: Our products are platforms for free expression. But we don't support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics. This can be a delicate balancing act, but if the primary purpose is to attack a protected group, the content crosses the line.
- Harassment, Bullying, and Threats: Do not engage in harassing, bullying, or threatening behavior, and do not incite others to engage in these activities. Anyone using the Program and/or our products and services to single someone out for malicious abuse, to threaten someone with serious harm, to sexualize a person in an unwanted way, or to harass in other ways may have the offending content removed or be permanently banned from using the Program and/or our products and services. In emergency situations, we may escalate imminent threats of serious harm to law enforcement. Keep in mind that online harassment is also illegal in many places and can have serious offline consequences for both the harasser and the victim.
- Personal and Confidential Information: Do not distribute your own or other people’s personal and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords, without explicit permission. Do not post or distribute images or videos of minors without the necessary consent from their legal representatives. To report a violation, click here [link to email@example.com].
- Child Exploitation: Do not upload or share content that exploits or abuses children. This includes all child sexual abuse imagery (even cartoon images) and all content that presents children in a sexual manner. We will remove such content and take appropriate action, which may include disabling accounts and reporting to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and law enforcement. Note that this policy may additionally apply to any content uploaded or transmitted through the Program and/or our products and services. If you find any content that you think exploits children in this manner, do not re-share, or comment on such content, even if your intent is to bring it to LEGALBEVY’s attention. Instead, notify firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find such content elsewhere on the internet, please contact NCMEC directly.
- Spam: Do not spam, including by sending unwanted promotional or commercial content, or unwanted or mass solicitation. Do not repeatedly message people that you do not know.
- Ranking Manipulation: Do not manipulate ranking or relevancy using techniques like repetitive or misleading keywords, tags, message labels, or metadata.
- Sexually Explicit Material: Do not distribute sexually explicit or pornographic material. Do not drive traffic to commercial pornography sites. Note that your LEGALBEVY profile photo (should you choose to upload a photo in your user profile) cannot include mature or offensive content.
- Violence: Do not distribute depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Regulated Goods and Services: Our Program and/or our products and services enable discussion of many topics, but we do not allow content that facilitates the sale of regulated products and services, including alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices. If we receive a complaint that such content is targeting audiences in violation of applicable laws and regulations, we may remove or restrict the offending content or account.
- Impersonation: Do not use the Program and/or our products and services to mislead or confuse Contributors by pretending to be someone else or pretending to represent an organization you do not represent. Some products have additional guidelines.
- Account Hijacking: Do not access or attempt to access another Contributor’s account.
- Use of Multiple Accounts: Contributors may participate in the program with one account. Do not create or use multiple accounts to evade our policies or bypass blocks or otherwise subvert restrictions placed on your account. For example, if you’ve been suspended for abuse, don’t create a replacement account.
- About Our Policies and Terms: These policies apply generally to the content you post on LEGALBEVY. Some LEGALBEVY products and services have their own separate policies that can be found within those products and services and apply to your use of them. All LEGALBEVY products and services are governed by their applicable terms of service and the Universal Terms.
- Reporting Potential Issues: If you encounter content or a Contributor or User that you believe violates the above policies, please report it to us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF LEGALBEVY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. LEGALBEVY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ITS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LEGALBEVY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS, THE CONTENT AND YOUR USE THEREOF.
YOU UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE INTENDED TO CONVEY GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY AND NOT TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE OR OPINIONS. THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE, AND THE POSTING AND VIEWING OF THE INFORMATION ON THE LEGALBEVY WEBSITE, SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS, AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR, LEGAL OR PROCEDURAL ADVICE IN ANY PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCE OR FACT SITUATION. ALTHOUGH, LEGALBEVY REGULARLY UPDATES THE INFORMATION ON ITS WEBSITE AND ENCOURAGES SOCIAL/COMMUNITY POSTS REGARDING THE INFORMATION THEREON, THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE LEGALBEVY WEBSITE MAY NOT REFLECT THE MOST CURRENT LEGAL DEVELOPMENTS. NO ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE LEGALBEVY WEBSITE AND LEGALBEVY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WITH RESPECT TO ACTIONS TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN BASED ON ANY OR ALL OF THE CONTENTS OF THE LEGALBEVY WEBSITE. AN ATTORNEY SHOULD BE CONTACTED FOR ADVICE ON SPECIFIC LEGAL ISSUES.